Illegal dumping accusation for firewood civil or criminal?

Asked over 1 year ago - Weston, CT

i put a ad in cl saying free firewood both large logs and rounds, the h.o. called and i explained the wood was of large dia. and asked if he could handle that he confirmed that he could and to deliver and dump it in his driveway for his son to split,

i reiterated that this was large stuff and i had concerns if they actually could handle it as i didn't want to bury them in wood , he said he ran it by his son and they would be fine .

now he claims i misrepresented the wood and its to large to handle with his 14" chain saw and if i don't remove it he will call the cops for illegal dumping ... wtf civil or criminal? thx

Additional information

thanks sal and yes we went and cut up the wood for that very reason but seeing as he gave permission to deliver the wood . would it be civil or criminal? or is it the discretion of the P.O. to make it criminal

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Salvatore Bonanno


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Remove the wood as it will cost you less to do that than it will to retain counsel, should you get arrested.

    Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client... more
  2. Mark Daniel Colson

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . Assuming you have documentation / proof that he told you to deliver the wood in response to the CL posting, then it wouldn't be civil or criminal anything. But it seems you chose the wiser, cheaper, and in the end - easier option, and just cut the wood up to be done with it.

    Attorney Mark D. Colson
    Colson Law Firm, LLC
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    860.263.0055 - Tel
    860.838.2822 - Fax

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,845 answers this week

3,067 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,845 answers this week

3,067 attorneys answering