IL-Missing signatures on paperwork. Was our mobile home purchase legit?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Only 2 forms of the entire closing package were signed by the salesman: Confirmation of Home Closing and Loan Funding Form (so he could get his comission) and the Serial Number Verification Form (which wasn't physically verified). None of the other paperwork is signed, witnessed, or notarized where indicated. The Purchase Agreement says "Not Valid Unless Signed and Accepted by an Officer of the Company or an Authorized Agent." The (Approved) signature line is blank. Even on the 2 forms the salesman did sign, the signature lines for the Property Manager and Witness are blank; also documents stating to were not notarized.
Was this purchase done properly with all the missing signatures on documents? Can we do anything to void the contract and get out of the purchase?

1. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

1

Answered . That is unlikely to work. They likely signed their copies or will sign as soon as you point out the missing signatures. And, they will testify they agree to it. Their signature is needed for you to ENFORCE the agreement against them not to ENFORCE it against you. You can be sure if they present the documents to a Court, they WILL be signed.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . We do not have the benefit of the paperwork here. You should take your documents to an attorney and get an opinion.