IJ granted me asylum and i get i-94 and ssn but ice appealed what will happen

Houston, TX |

IJ granted me asylum and i get i-94 and ssn but ice appealed so what will happen i told to my attorney what is next

1. If you won asylum in immigration court, and the government appealed, then the asylum grant is not final. I'm surprised you got an I-94 showing asylee status. Did you mean that you won asylum before the IJ, but the government later filed a motionto reopen?

If it is a government appeal, then you and your attorney will have a chance to write a legal brief challenging the government's reasons for arguing that the IJ decision should be reversed. But she is the one that should be telling you all this. Please, go ask your attorney these questions--that is what she is there for.

Best of luck.

2. I agree, The grant is not final and it would be very wise to respond to whatever brief/motion the government has filed. Do not leave it be.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. It depends on whether the government is successful or not.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Social security topics