II HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH ACCESS DEVICE FRAUD, FIRST TIME OFFENDER.HOW MUCH TIME AM I FACING?

Erie, PA |
Filed under: Criminal charges

IVE BEEN CHARGED WITH A FELONY 3 AND MISDEAMNOR 1 FOR ACCESS DEVICE FRAUD, POSSESION OF DEVICE KNOWING ITS COUNTERFEIT, AND IDENTITY THIEF. HOW MUCH TIME AM I FACING? AND IM A FIRST TIME OFFENDER

1. You need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Technically, the statutory maximum for a felony 3 is 7 years in jail. Realistically, you're not going to get that, but it is legally possible. I don't know the sentencing guidelines off the top of my head, but the attorneys you speak with will be able to look them up and let you know what the potential penalties are.

You also should ask about ARD. Some counties (but none that I regularly practice in) will accept low-grade felonies on ARD, which is a diversionary program for first-time offenders. If your defenses are weak, ARD would be a good way to go. Each DA's office has its own ARD policies though and it may not be an option, so don't get your hopes up yet.

2. Attorney Rowe is in full stride this afternoon. I once again completely agree with his thorough analysis of a question without much meat on its bones. You very much need to be speaking privately with qualified criminal defense counsel without delay. Searching the Internet to figure out your future is a great way to make that future less favorable. Good luck.

3. You are facing over a decade in prison. The chances of you getting that depend entirely of the facts of your specific case. Talk to an attorney and get this taken care of.

4. Get an attorney. As a first time offender, you are eligible for first time offender programs which could get you out of this with no record. A local attorney can help you with the details. To answer your question, it is probably a probation case. But, who needs a conviction on their record.