IHelp! I do not know what to answer on DS-230 II, question 40h!

Asked over 1 year ago - Flushing, NY

IN July, 2007 my father was caught entering the USA and was deported right away. he has his Immigrant visa interview in two weeks but I am not sure what to answer on 40h since, he was deported but never resided in the USA . Help please!

1. Veronica Tunitsky

5

Answered . Was it perhaps expedited removal at the border? Are you sure he was actually deported and not 'caught and released'?

The proper way to have done this is to have asked for a copy of your fayher's immigration file from border patrol and a background check from the FBI.

If you have your father's paperwork, take it to an attorney for review.

2. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . I agree with Ms. Tunitsky. The interview is in 2 weeks and you should speak with an attorney sooner rather than later.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . If your father came from Mexico and is a Mexican national, in all likelihood he was "expeditiously removed", with a 5 year ban on reentry.

4. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

1

Answered . Yes, an attorney must obtain and review the file right away to best advise you.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com