Skip to main content

Ihave a paper signed and noterized selling me my property.The title company tells me that it is not legal .

Overton, TX |

how do i get the property in my name.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to have a deed signed and notarized by your seller in the form required by state law. It should then be recorded with your county clerk's office. Consult a real estate attorney in your area.


You can hire an attorney or title company to draw up a warranty deed (typically special or general warranty deed) that is signed and notarized by the owners with the correct legal and then recorded in the real property records where the property is located.


Meet w a good real estate lawyer and he will prepare a deed thst complies w state law and that teansfers title to you.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer