Ignition interlock was ordered for a year. Can I ask the court after a 3 months to shorten the sentence so I can get rid of it

Asked about 1 year ago - Wisconsin Rapids, WI

I refused the test, not knowing it meant a year of ignition interlock.

1. Michael C. Witt

Pro

13

Answered . No. Twelve months is the mandatory statutory minimum.

2. J Steven House

Pro

9

Answered . Sometimes prosecutors will agree to reopen and dismiss a refusal that was charged along with an OWI if you get to a point where pleading to the OWI makes sense. However, a judge may impose an IID requirement as part of a sentence on even an OWI first offense these days.

3. Derek Anthony Patrin

Pro

4

Answered . You should ask your attorney this question as well, as he/she will have a better grasp of your overall situation.