If your sentenced to 80%, is it true that the CDC only makes you do 60%

Hanford, CA |

Ex-felon, non-violent, weapons charge, prior strike.

1. That's news to me. What's your source for that information. If it's true, I'd like to share that with my clients.

DS Criminal Law Group
    515 South Flower Street
    36th Floor
    Los Angeles, CA 90071
    213-289-9400

2. It is not true.
    These rumors spring up from time to time. The last session of changes where certain crimes could be served in county jail [AB109} did not change sentences, did not change fact of servinf=g a PRISON sentence. The ghanges were not the result of a desire of the legislature to be more humane. They were made to help the state comply with federal court orders so that the state could avoid the possibility of releasing prioners serving long sentences for minor infractions due to "strikes".
    There are not enough state legislators willing to risk losing their rather cushy job because they voted t reduce the time a defendant was incarcerated, expecially one who has previously committed a violent or serious felony.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.