If your not a party to a action. Your just in the audience but you have filed a objection to the action(conservatorship hearing)

Asked about 2 years ago - Modesto, CA

Can a judge order you to subpoena a witness? I don't know how. Can a judge order a party that has nothing to do with asking to be a conservator but objects to the current conservator be ordered by a judge to subpoena a witness? this happened to me.

Additional information

P.S. The objection hearing hasn't taken place yet.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kenneth V. Zichi

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you have filed an objection, you must have some sort of standing in the matter, or the judge would have dismissed the objection.

    To answer your question though, if you intervene in a case, YES the Judge can order you to take specific actions to provide him with the evidence needed to decide the case, including most basically, getting witnesses to testify. If you don't know how to do this, you NEED to hire representation. I urge you to consult with a local Probate attorney in order to be sure this gets done correctly.

    This answer is offered for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/... more
  2. Robert Daniel Kelly


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You might want to tell the judge that you are not a party to the action and have no standing in the matter, if that is the case.

    [In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,495 answers this week

2,976 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,495 answers this week

2,976 attorneys answering