If your husband hid his mentle illness before marry you what are my rights in the marriage if there are problems caused by his i

illness and most of the time he argues because he refuses to take his medicine prescribe by his doctor for his mentle condition what do I do?

Normal, IL -

William Henry Bertram

William Henry Bertram

Criminal Defense Attorney - Pontiac, IL

The answer to your question depends on what rights you are talking about. A spouse in Illinois has the ability to petition the court for a dissolution of marriage if the proper grounds are proven. A spouse can also request a declaration of invalidity of marriage (or annulment). A spouse can also seek a separation. Which is the best remedy for you depends on your unique situation.

I would recommend that you contact an attorney in the Bloomington Normal area that specializes in this type of law and go over your situation with him.