If your husband hid his mentle illness before marry you what are my rights in the marriage if there are problems caused by his i

illness and most of the time he argues because he refuses to take his medicine prescribe by his doctor for his mentle condition what do I do?

Normal, IL -

Attorney Answers (1)

William Henry Bertram

William Henry Bertram

Criminal Defense Attorney - Pontiac, IL

The answer to your question depends on what rights you are talking about. A spouse in Illinois has the ability to petition the court for a dissolution of marriage if the proper grounds are proven. A spouse can also request a declaration of invalidity of marriage (or annulment). A spouse can also seek a separation. Which is the best remedy for you depends on your unique situation.

I would recommend that you contact an attorney in the Bloomington Normal area that specializes in this type of law and go over your situation with him.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.