If your head hit the back glass on a truck from being rear ended, can you claim ringing in your ears?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Memphis, TN

head hit back glass
ears ringing every since
i have seen doctor and it is, as if, this is something i can not prove

1. Thomas Lang Wiseman

11

1

Best Answer

Answered . I am sorry for your injury. This process can certainly be frustrating and confusing, which only makes matters worse. As an initial observation, you should know that you are entitled under TN law to recover for any and all damages that are caused by the accident, provided there is medical proof to connect the injuries to the accident. That means that in order to recover damages for the ringing in your ears, you and/or your lawyer would ultimately need a medical doctor to opine for the record that he/she believes the ringing in your ears was more likely than not caused by the accident. Assuming it can indeed be linked to the accident, securing this type of medical proof is standard operating procedure for attorneys in Tennessee since it is required in virtually every serious injury case.

At this point, the issue you face is simply getting to a doctor who is actually qualified to diagnosis and treat the ringing in your ears -- which is, in fact, a REAL medical phenomenon. This would most likely be an ENT doctor (Ear, Nose & Throat specialist) as has been suggested elsewhere in this thread.

The bottom-line: your health is the most important thing, so get to a doctor who is best qualified to treat your injury. Hopefully, with proper treatment, your symptoms can be alleviated. In the event your injuries are significant enough, though, getting the right medical treatment will help insure that any legal claim you may have down the road will be supported by appropriate medical proof. You should speak to a lawyer at some point about your options, keeping in mind that Tennessee has one of the shortest statutes of limitation (i.e. deadlines) for filing legal claims in the country. Indeed, generally speaking, you have only 1 year from the date of injury to pursue a claim.

2. Sagi Shaked

Pro

12

Answered . Yes. Go see neurologist and a personal injury attorney.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

11

1

Answered . If you can get a doctor to diagnose it and attribute it to the accident. I agree about seeing the ENT and possibly a neurologist. If you have a attorney get a game plan with them on how to get this treated and documented. If you do not, I highly suggest getting a personal injury lawyer to represent you.

4. James Allen Frazier Jr.

10

1

Answered . An ENT is who you need to see. I have a case similar to yours at the moment and an ENT was able to prove the ringing/injuries.

5. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

8

Answered . Definitely pursue it with the right doctors (ENT and neurologist), not just for your own health, but because you will have to prove it for you to have any compensable damages worth pursuing. Good luck.

Pro

8

Answered . See an ENT.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  7. George Costas Andriotis

7

Answered . See an ENT and consult a personal injury attorney ASAP.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  8. Stephen Alan Sauer

5

Answered . I agree with the prior attorneys. It sounds like you have tinnitus. An Otolaryngologist (also known as an ear, nose and throat doctor) may be able to diagnose it and connect it to your accident. You should speak with a personal injury/car accident lawyer as soon as possible as the longer you wait to retain representation and get proper medical treatment the more difficult it will become to connect the tinnitus to you auto accident.

9. Robert Bruce Kopelson

6

1

Answered . It is called tinnitus, and can be caused by trauma.