If your are married for 3 years and the house is in the husband name only. Can he put the wife and his step child out.

Asked about 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

We have been married for 3yrs. I moved into my husband home with my daughter, his step-child.
Does he have the legal right to put us out.? The house is in his name he never added me. What are my rights. There isn't not any physical abuse or such, just, an oil and water mix. We have not filed for divorce as of yet, he called, at least he said he called to file and will pay for the divorce. Where do I stand. I owe a home and can very well reside there. But, legally what can be done?

Additional information

Error, I own my own home as well as rental property. can moved there.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael W. Aitken

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If there has been any abuse on your part, he could file a a protection from abuse, which if granted, could preclude your entry into the house.

    You should consult with an attorney.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and does not in anyway constitute and/or form an attorney-client... more
  2. Elaine Smith

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . I would not answer without talking to you first......there are too many questions i would want answered.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,189 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,189 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering