If your are married for 3 years and the house is in the husband name only. Can he put the wife and his step child out.

Asked about 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

We have been married for 3yrs. I moved into my husband home with my daughter, his step-child.
Does he have the legal right to put us out.? The house is in his name he never added me. What are my rights. There isn't not any physical abuse or such, just, an oil and water mix. We have not filed for divorce as of yet, he called, at least he said he called to file and will pay for the divorce. Where do I stand. I owe a home and can very well reside there. But, legally what can be done?

Error, I own my own home as well as rental property. can moved there.

1. Michael W. Aitken

Answered . If there has been any abuse on your part, he could file a a protection from abuse, which if granted, could preclude your entry into the house.

You should consult with an attorney.

2. Elaine Smith

Answered . I would not answer without talking to you first......there are too many questions i would want answered.