If you work in a iconic restaraunt and they tend to sweep all racism issues under the rug and majority of employees aretired of

Newburgh, NY |

We called opendoor for human resoures and nothings been done over a month and still things are goimg on can i get representation bcz its starting to make a very hostile work enviroment

1. You should talk to a competent lawyer specializing in the field. This may well be actionable, especially if you're able to establish that they routinely "sweep" these things under the rug.

If you do not have a signed retainer fee agreement with Chittur & >Associates, P.C., ("the Firm"), then until such retainer agreement is >entered into, neither the Firm nor any of its attorneys will represent you >nor will they be your attorney in any matter and you remain responsible for >any and all deadlines and for any statutes of limitations that may pertain >to potential claims. No attorney-client relationship exists until such >agreement is entered into; however, communications with the Firm by a >prospective client remain confidential and are considered privileged. >This email may contain confidential and/or privileged material for the sole >use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or >disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended >recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the >sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

2. It sounds like you should speak to an experienced employment attorney, get a free consultation and learn about all of your options.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseGroup) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseGroup) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

3. RACISM AT WORKPLACE

You are very vague about the issues you are facing at your workplace so it is impossible to fully answer you question. I would recommend that you contact an attorney experienced in employment discrimination. If you do not know one, go to www.nela.org and search for one in your area.

NELA is a nationwide association of employment discrimination attorneys and you should be able to find one in Newburgh. Most offer a free initial consultation so you have nothing to lose by contacting one to get good advice.

Good luck,

4. None of the attorneys willing to help here has any idea what you are referring to, so none of the advice can be of much use. Of course, as in any other aspect of life, if you think that unlawful conduct is occurring, you should consult with an attorney. There is never any reason not to do that.

But bear in mind that HR is not there as a sounding board for the majority views of the workforce. It is there as a resource for the employer, to serve the interests of management. "Racism issues" covers a lot of territory, and the distinctions between lawful and unlawful conduct are most always in the details.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.