If you work in a iconic restaraunt and they tend to sweep all racism issues under the rug and majority of employees aretired of

Asked over 2 years ago - Newburgh, NY

We called opendoor for human resoures and nothings been done over a month and still things are goimg on can i get representation bcz its starting to make a very hostile work enviroment

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Ronald Joseph Kim

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees



    You are very vague about the issues you are facing at your workplace so it is impossible to fully answer you question. I would recommend that you contact an attorney experienced in employment discrimination. If you do not know one, go to www.nela.org and search for one in your area.

    NELA is a nationwide association of employment discrimination attorneys and you should be able to find one in Newburgh. Most offer a free initial consultation so you have nothing to lose by contacting one to get good advice.

    Good luck,

  2. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . None of the attorneys willing to help here has any idea what you are referring to, so none of the advice can be of much use. Of course, as in any other aspect of life, if you think that unlawful conduct is occurring, you should consult with an attorney. There is never any reason not to do that.

    But bear in mind that HR is not there as a sounding board for the majority views of the workforce. It is there as a resource for the employer, to serve the interests of management. "Racism issues" covers a lot of territory, and the distinctions between lawful and unlawful conduct are most always in the details.

    My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.... more
  3. Krishnan S. Chittur

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . You should talk to a competent lawyer specializing in the field. This may well be actionable, especially if you're able to establish that they routinely "sweep" these things under the rug.

    If you do not have a signed retainer fee agreement with Chittur & >Associates, P.C., ("the Firm"), then until... more
  4. Vincent Peter White

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . It sounds like you should speak to an experienced employment attorney, get a free consultation and learn about all of your options.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,657 answers this week

3,052 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,657 answers this week

3,052 attorneys answering