If you want to revoke a power of attorney and don't know what types of powers of attorney you had before, what should you do?

Asked about 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

Can you just do a catch-all revocation saying something like, "I revoke all previous powers of attorney"?

1. Michael Charles Doland

5

1

Answered . I think your solution is appropriate. Send it certified or registered mail, or overnight mail (e.g. FedEx) which requires a disgnature, or personal delivery by a messenger service to avoid future controversy as to whether it was received. If it was filed with the County Recorder's Office (required for Powers which permit real estate transactions, you should also file your revocation with the County Recorder's Office.

2. Richard Scott Stewart

2

Answered . Everything previously stated is correct, I would add I would also give a copy of the revocation to all financial (banks, credit cards, etc.) and medical institutions that I regularly deal with so that they have actual notice of the revocation.