Skip to main content

If you're sentenced 10 years 3 suspended and all ran consecutive.. how long will you actually spend in prison?

Uniontown, AR |

My children's "mother" is in ADC for the second time on drug charges. The first sentence was 30 years and she got parole after three. She revoked her parole and is no at ADC again with new charges of 10 years (three suspended) and they ran it consecutive? I'm not sure what all that means. How long will she actually SPEND in prison. I know there is a 10% law or something... please help..
Thank you for your time...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Consecutive means they don't run at the same time (like concurrent). So after one runs the next will.

1) If you get sentenced to 30 years you are not parole eligible in 3 years.
2) If you revoke on a sentence you can be sentenced again, it can be as high as the initial sentence range possibilities, even if you served some time in ADC.
3) Calculating good time is based on the criminal history score of the person and the severity of sentence. Even with all this information, no one can tell you the date she will get out. They can tell you the first date she would be eligible for release.

We are expressly not creating an attorney client privilege. While I am a criminal defense attorney, I am just speaking in general about the law in Arkansas and not your specific situation. I am not providing advice, I am just assessing a situation. If you are facing charges then it is serious, and you need to schedule a consultation with myself or another criminal defense attorney. My office is at


You should contact her attorney to see what they can tell you about this situation.


Speak with an AR attorney.

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer