If you're arrested, but not convicted, of a dui- can the city bill you if an ambulance is called to the scene of the accident?

Glendale, CA |

Minor accident occurred involving a motorcyclist- his injuries amounted to a scrape on his elbow. Nonetheless an ambulance was called to the scene, and the city wants to change me $500+ for it. The charge says it's because of a dui but I was never convicted of a dui.

you should forward it to your auto insurance carrier.

Maybe. Several cities are trying to recoup cost of emergency services these days. This question can probably better be answered by a criminal attorney.

Dispute the charge. Check out Glendale's Municipal Code here http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/gmc/2.92.aspx

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

Turn the bill over to your insurance company.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

DUI accidents topics