If you're arrested, but not convicted, of a dui- can the city bill you if an ambulance is called to the scene of the accident?

Asked about 2 years ago - Glendale, CA

Minor accident occurred involving a motorcyclist- his injuries amounted to a scrape on his elbow. Nonetheless an ambulance was called to the scene, and the city wants to change me $500+ for it. The charge says it's because of a dui but I was never convicted of a dui.

1. 11

Answered . you should forward it to your auto insurance carrier.

2. 11

Answered . Dispute the charge. Check out Glendale's Municipal Code here http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/gmc/2.92.aspx

3. 12

Answered . Turn the bill over to your insurance company.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. 10

Answered . Maybe. Several cities are trying to recoup cost of emergency services these days. This question can probably better be answered by a criminal attorney.