If you're arrested, but not convicted, of a dui- can the city bill you if an ambulance is called to the scene of the accident?

Glendale, CA |

Minor accident occurred involving a motorcyclist- his injuries amounted to a scrape on his elbow. Nonetheless an ambulance was called to the scene, and the city wants to change me $500+ for it. The charge says it's because of a dui but I was never convicted of a dui.

1. you should forward it to your auto insurance carrier.

2. Maybe. Several cities are trying to recoup cost of emergency services these days. This question can probably better be answered by a criminal attorney.

3. Dispute the charge. Check out Glendale's Municipal Code here http://www.ci.glendale.ca.us/gmc/2.92.aspx

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.

4. Turn the bill over to your insurance company.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

DUI accidents topics