If you purchase a mobile home with some who you are not married to and then separate, who gets the mobile home?

Asked about 2 years ago - Edwardsville, IL

My ex fiance and I bought a mobile home together. We both signed as buyers. He took the title to get transfered, he came back and told me that he transfered it to his name only because I was not there to sign additional paperwork. The title came back in was in his name only. I started doing some research and found out that he forged my name in order to gain sole ownership. I talked with a lawyer who told me that the mobile home is his because he paid for it. Is this true?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Title usually follows payment

2. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . If he paid for it, it is his.