Skip to main content

If you prove that police officer is lying in probable cause affidavit to get search warrant can you do something about it?

Evansville, IN |

Have a digital recording made by the police officer that greatly differs from statements officer made in probable cause affidavit.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    Move the court to suppress the evidence that was seized as a result of the search, and use the digital recording to prove that the affidavit in support of the warrant was false.

    Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq.

  2. Sure. You should have the recording transcribed and present it as part of a motion to quash the subpoena

  3. If you can prove that the officer lied in the affidavit for the search warrant your attorney can move to have any evidence seized suppressed as well as any evidence discovered as a result of the illegally seized evidence.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics