If you pay a pet deposit can the landlord then make you get rid of your animal?

Auburn, WA |

I am wanting to know if they accept the deposit can they then decide to not let the animal stay.

It depends. Does the lease contain any restrictions on the type of pet or weight limits?

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.

Pets are not specifically protected under the RLTA. Some landlords will allow them, others will not. If your pet is addressed in your lease and you paid money to be allowed to have your pet with you, then what changed between the time they said yes and now? Did they have you describe your pet in your lease, but the pet you brought is not the same? Did your pet behave badly?
Is your pet one of the breeds that people get all upset about? Basically there isn't enough information here for a responder to tell you whether or not your landlord's change of heart is reasonable or not. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.

Animal law topics

Recommended articles about Animal law