Skip to main content

If you paid off all bad checks, warrants were issued, but you were never arrested, will there be any records of you writing bad

New Albany, MS |

This occured almost 15 years ago, was never officially arrested, never processed, paid the checks off. Never appeared before a judge, spoke to one on the phone who said to just pay what was owed. Will this incident be on any court document.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Paying off insufficient funds checks has nothing to do with whether a case is filed or not. A case very well could have been filed and a warrant put in the system and it's just that you've gotten very lucky in the and the warrant has ever been should contact a local criminal lawyer who can check to see if there is are ever has been a warrant in the system for you.



Thank you for your response. I contacted the justice clerk's office and had the lady pull up my name and social security number in their system. I asked her if there was anything on my record and she stated only an old address from 25 years ago. I then asked her my question and she forwarded my call to a judge. The judge told me that since the restitution had been made by paying off the bad checks that if any warrants had been issued, they were rescinded. I have had several criminal background checks done and they always show a clean record. He told me that 25 years ago, that my behavior was very juvenile, however, he knows that people do make mistakes and can change their lives. I also had the justice clerk pull up a statewide search on her system and it came back clean. Again, I thank you for your response.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer