Skip to main content

If you miss your court date, what happens?

Louisville, KY |

My boyfriend went to jail and on that morning no one gave him vourt or anything and since he's from Guatemala Immigration people came and picked him up, and took him. He was in Boone County Jail for 8 days until we payed his bond of $6,000. When he got out they gave him a paper saying he had court, But, he never knew aboout and he couldnt attend it becuase he was in jail with the immigration. Now, the police officers are looking for him and say that he has a bench warrant for not going. What can he do since the day he had court ICE had him in jail?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


He needs to hire a fine Kentucky attorney who will put his case back on calendar and explain to the judge that your bf couldn't make his court date because he was being detained by ICE. I am sure the judge will pull the warrant; your bf will still have to defend whatever the underlying charges are.


Hire a criminal defense attorney in your area to locate the state case and redocket it to set aside/recall the bench warrant ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer