If you have previous DWI on your record, can you get a license in another state?

Austin, TX |

License not currently suspended, hasn't been for a few years.

If you are otherwise eligible, then you shouldn't have any trouble getting a driver's license in another state.

If it's not suspended here in Texas, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get a license in any other state.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

As long as you have cleared the TX DUI, IL would issue you a license.

If your license isn't suspended in Texas because of a previous DWI then you should be able to get a license in Texas.
Austin DWI Lawyer
512-495-1813
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI