If you have indigent status on a case, will it follow with a change of venue?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wesley Chapel, FL

My case is in Hernando County Florida and I have good cause to have it moved to Paco county Florida . I have been in a modification for 2 years now and am thinking of a change of venue . Will my indigent status follow and be granted , or will I need to file again in the new county ? From what the clerk tells me , the status will remain until the case is closed out .

1. Heather Morcroft

2

Answered . The clerks are the ones who determine indigency, although if you don't agree with their determination, you can ask for a hearing before a judge. Most likely the Hernando clerk is telling you how they do it in Hernando. It may or may not be the same in another county.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. John Arthur Smitten

Answered . Each county is different you will have to file for indigent status again. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

3. Matthew Erik Johnson

Answered . I agree with Ms. Morcroft. each clerk can do things differently. However, chances are your status will not change.