If you have been detained by border patrol and have been punished for life from the US would you be in the immigration system?

Asked over 1 year ago - Garland, TX

my dad has been missing since April 9, in his attempted to cross back illegally from Nuevo Laredo to Laredo Texas. The person who supposed to be crossing him back is stating he was cought by immigration but i have looked him up in the system and hes name does not show, I called border patrol and they are stating they cant give any information out ? What can I do next? Or how can i file a missing person report?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Yes, you would be

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . The online system isn't perfect ... if you don't get the family name perfect, it will say that the person isn't in the system. Try variations of the two family names with, and without, a hyphen.

Otherwise, if you know exactly where he was arrested ... hire a lawyer to meet with the Border Patrol.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

1

Answered . Yes, the person will be in the system, but allow for the time for the info to be processed and misspellings. The best thing to do is to hire an attorney who will look for your dad.