Skip to main content

If you have been charged with a felony as a minor when you turn 18 does it go off your record?

Tracy, CA |

My teen was charged with felony and was dropped to a misdomdener. He is in the process of going through court when he turns 18 is his crime erased?

Attorney Answers 2


Yes but he must request that his records be sealed. They are not sealed automatically. His probation office can do this for him free of cost but again he must request it.

Mark as helpful


In addition, keep in mind that most juvenile records are not available to the general public.

In some counties, the probation officer won't file the petition to seal a juvenile record, but your son can file it himself. The clerk of the juvenile court will have a packet with instructions and all of the necessary forms.

Bob Marshall
Chico, CA

Mark as helpful

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics