If you have an IRS levy against you for a comp that you worked for for their payroll taxes can the IRS take your personal injury

Asked 5 months ago - Springfield, OR

If you worked for a company, as an employee only and you are not an owner, or share holder, or any control of this company and the IRS has a levy against you for that companies payroll taxes can they take your personal injury claim money

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

Answered . That's a good question to ask an accountant or CPA.

2. Dennis Wayne Tackett

Pro

3

Answered . Most likely, if you deposit settlement money into an account that is owned by you, the IRS would be able to levy against it. Did you fight the IRS on the original levy? I do not understand how you were levied as strictly an employee.

Pro

2

Answered . Death and Taxes are the two things nobody can avoid alas.........The IRS can and likely will withdraw the money directly from your bank account.

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . If they know about it or stumble upon it, yes.