If you have a wage garnishment in place and the defendant quits is the employer required to file a final report with the court?

Akron, OH |

The judgment is 30% paid and defendant quit job. Is employer required to file a 'final report' with the court stating why no further garnishment payments will be forthcoming? Thanks.

More generally is the employer required to final a 'final report' in this scenario? If not if I terminate the wage garnishment myself are they required to file a 'final report' with the court? Thanks.

1. Even if you are not required, it would be the smart thing to do. Failure to properly notice has led to the employer being held liable for all of the potential garnishment in some jurisdictions.

The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact an attorney in your area for more specific answers. Responding to your question in no way creates an attorney/client relationship, and none of the specific guarantees of privacy exist. If you have found this information helpful, kindly check the "helpful" box.

2. Mr. Nachbar is correct-better safe than sorry. Good luck.