If you have a wage garnishment in place and the defendant quits is the employer required to file a final report with the court?

Asked 9 months ago - Akron, OH

The judgment is 30% paid and defendant quit job. Is employer required to file a 'final report' with the court stating why no further garnishment payments will be forthcoming? Thanks.

More generally is the employer required to final a 'final report' in this scenario? If not if I terminate the wage garnishment myself are they required to file a 'final report' with the court? Thanks.

1. Stuart M Nachbar

Pro

1

1

Answered . Even if you are not required, it would be the smart thing to do. Failure to properly notice has led to the employer being held liable for all of the potential garnishment in some jurisdictions.

2. Frederick Edward Davis

Answered . Mr. Nachbar is correct-better safe than sorry. Good luck.