If you had a case brought against you and a majority of the allegations were not true, what can be done about it?

Asked over 3 years ago - Gallatin, TN

My ex took me back to court citing 21 allegations against me. A majority of the allegations she stated were false, 16 of them to be exact.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Thomas Randel Greer

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . In addition to defending the allegations in the current lawsuit, if she brought a lawsuit against you based on false allegations and for an improper purpose, you may be able to file a malicious prosecution claim against her if the case against you is dismissed. However, I recommend calling an experienced attorney to fully discuss your situation. You did not provide enough information for your question to be fully answered.

  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Not sure what type of case you are referring to? You can dispute the allegations in court.

    Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  3. Andrew Y. Kim

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . What kind of case is this? You will need to respond yourself of course but also get declarations from any other witnesses who may support your side. But would need to know what kind of case this is to give any more advice.

  4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Agree with Attorney Kim.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,608 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,608 answers this week

2,986 attorneys answering