If you get sentenced to new choices for 6 months is there a chance you will be released early?

Houston, TX |

harris county new choices program is there early release once you get into the program.

I honestly do not know what the requirements of the "new choices" program or any other specific program being offered by the Harris County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, or Montgomery County probation department is. But I want you to consider trying to approach your probation matter, not with your current attitude of "let me do the least amount of BS, so I can get out of here and back to my life." But with a "Ok, I need to make some major changes in my life. Look Mr. or Ms. Probation Officer, I am too afraid to make huge changes to my life all at once, but could you show me some of the baby step stuff, so I don't go to jail?"

Your attitude is the most important thing. If you have a bad attitude, your probation officer will have one. But if you are honest and really try to change, they will help you.

Good luck,
Martin Zimmerman

Martin Zimmerman, P.C. 189 E. San Antonio St. P.O. Box 310704 New Braunfels, Texas 78131-0704 Tel: (830) 606-7886 Fax: (830) 627-2890 The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is: 1) Subject to the Attorney-Client Privilege; 2) Attorney Work Product; or 3) Confidential It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. Any distribution, copying, use of, or reliance upon the information contained in and transmitted with this facsimile by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify Martin Zimmerman, P.C. by telephone

If the judge orders that you go to New Choices for 6 months, you will be there for 6 months (plus the waiting period to get in.)

Cynthia Henley