If you feel there is a pending lawsuit, can you hire an attorney before hand to subpena records before the lawsuit is filed?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

Also, can you subpena records if you are not sure you are going to be charged with a crime or not ?

I'm not sure if you are asking about a medical malpractice lawsuit or what. If you are asking about subpoenaing medical records before a lawsuit...the answer is sure, records can be ordered and reviewed before a lawsuit is filed.

What about telephone records or telephone recorded messages when calling a customer service center ? Thanks

Marc Edward Stewart

Marc Edward Stewart

Ah, I see. You may have to be inside a lawsuit before a subpoena can be issued. This is a question that will be very dependent on Florida statute. Unfortunately, I'm not the best lawyer to advise you. You will need a local FL attorney or maybe you can find one here on avvo. When you contact them, be specific with the records you seek (like you were in your comment post). Sorry I can't help further. Good luck

Thanks ! Really appreciate this info !

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes