If you feel an ankle monitor may have caused injury to your ankle and foot and I called the probation dept. to see how it would

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cortland, NY

be billed to the county and was told by the supervisor that according to the county administrator that they would not pay for a Dr visit to have it checked out. I would like to know why. It is there equipment that has caused numbing, and a shooting pain from the ankle to the little toe. They are angry that I asked and the device is no longer on the same ankle. Is the county responsible for the payment of the Dr visit I have not gone yet. Just found this information out yesterday and have waited approx 2 wks to see if pain and numbing would subside. And this is pre-trial release I am not even on Probation this is all done through Alternatives to Incarceration

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . I highly doubt you will be able to hold the probation department liable to pay for your doctor visit.

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

2

Answered . The county/probation won't be responsible for your doctor visit.

3. James Regan

Pro

3

Answered . When you go to court to ask the Judge to have it removed, he will probably give you the option to go back to jail if you want it off. If you are charged with a crime, you could be looking at incarceration. The pretrial service people can be your friend or enemy at sentencing. Whose side do you want them on?