If you fail a probation urinalysis in Denton, can you be taken into custody without an arrest warrant?

Denton, TX |

Want to know the process that will result from a bad urinalysis in Denton probation. Will an arrest warrant need to be issued before being taken into custody? Basically, I want to know if I will be able to see things coming so that I can make plans for family, pets, etc before going to jail. And get an attorney involved too. My nightmare scenario is showing up to report and finding out I am being taken into custody.

The best strategy is to have an attorney on your side prior to facing any allegations of probation violations. In Denton County, if you have violated probation, they don't mess around. It is possible that there could be an arrest warrant obtained without your knowledge. You should contact an attorney and discuss the specifics of your circumstance so that you will be best prepared for whatever may lie ahead. If I were you, I would consult with an attorney prior to any future probation meetings.

This information is based on the general data provided and does not constitute legal advice. You should contact an attorney directly and retain her/his services in order to get specific advice.

All due respect, your first notice that you needed an attorney was whatever you may have taken to cause the bad urinalysis. Your second notice that you need to consult an attorney was the bad result. An arrest warrant may be issued without you finding out until too late. You can check Denton County Clerk or District clerk (if its a felony) website to see if a motion to revoke your probation has been filed. If they are online. A motion to revoke is a lot easier for a prosecutor to move forward on than just a trial, however it may lead to a renegotiation of your probation terms (not in your favor) or jail time (especially depending on the severity of the violation(s) and your history) or jail time (usually shorter timeperiod) and probation extension

The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Defreitas does not offer, nor imply that he intends to offer, legal advice or counseling to any individual or organization by providing this information. The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is provided on an "as-is" basis without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Mr. Defreitas makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning any information contained in this website. You should not rely or act upon any information contained herein for any purpose without seeking legal advice from a duly licensed attorney competent to practice law in your jurisdiction.

The general process is for the probation officer to present a violation report to the court. This violation report will contain your positive UA and any other probation violation allegations. After this, a warrant will likely be issued.

The materials available in this answer are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this answer or any of the e-mail links contained within this answer do not create an attorney-client relationship between Travis Ketner and the user or browser.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI