If you fail a probation urinalysis in Denton, can you be taken into custody without an arrest warrant?

Asked 11 months ago - Denton, TX

Want to know the process that will result from a bad urinalysis in Denton probation. Will an arrest warrant need to be issued before being taken into custody? Basically, I want to know if I will be able to see things coming so that I can make plans for family, pets, etc before going to jail. And get an attorney involved too. My nightmare scenario is showing up to report and finding out I am being taken into custody.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Caroline Amelia Simone

    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The best strategy is to have an attorney on your side prior to facing any allegations of probation violations. In Denton County, if you have violated probation, they don't mess around. It is possible that there could be an arrest warrant obtained without your knowledge. You should contact an attorney and discuss the specifics of your circumstance so that you will be best prepared for whatever may lie ahead. If I were you, I would consult with an attorney prior to any future probation meetings.

    This information is based on the general data provided and does not constitute legal advice. You should contact an... more
  2. Achmed Mirari Defreitas


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . All due respect, your first notice that you needed an attorney was whatever you may have taken to cause the bad urinalysis. Your second notice that you need to consult an attorney was the bad result. An arrest warrant may be issued without you finding out until too late. You can check Denton County Clerk or District clerk (if its a felony) website to see if a motion to revoke your probation has been filed. If they are online. A motion to revoke is a lot easier for a prosecutor to move forward on than just a trial, however it may lead to a renegotiation of your probation terms (not in your favor) or jail time (especially depending on the severity of the violation(s) and your history) or jail time (usually shorter timeperiod) and probation extension

    The information provided above, by Mr. Defreitas, is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal... more
  3. John Travis Ketner

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . The general process is for the probation officer to present a violation report to the court. This violation report will contain your positive UA and any other probation violation allegations. After this, a warrant will likely be issued.

    The materials available in this answer are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing... more

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI arrest

A DUI arrest must be based on probable cause: the officer must have enough evidence to arrest, as determined by a combination of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,499 answers this week

2,254 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,499 answers this week

2,254 attorneys answering