If you do a private adoption in Mexico how can you bring your child back to USA if your a natural born citizen

Asked 6 months ago - Jonesboro, GA

My niece in law is having a baby but cant support her baby. She has agreed to allow me to adopt her baby. I am unsure if I will be able to bring my baby back to the states as a citizen. Please advise me

1. Ashley Anne Digiulio

Pro

1

Answered . Follow the adoption laws and requirements of the birth country, then get an adoption visa for the child to come to the USA. Get a US immigration attorney for help.

2. Ichechi Nkesi Alikor

Answered . Adoption between the U.S. and Mexico is governed by the Hague Adoption Convention. To adopt from Mexico, your must first be found eligible to adopt by the U.S. Government (the agency responsible for making this determination is USCIS). Furthermore, there are residency, age, marriage, and income requirements. Contact an immigration attorney.
    I have reposted your question under Immigration, for more input.