If you are to be sentenced on an impaired driving, and you get a DUI, will they arrest you at sentencing.

Asked 12 months ago - Ann Arbor, MI

I am scheduled to be sentence to probation on an impaired driving charge. I recently got a DUI. Will they arrest me at sentencing.

1. Scott Matthew Aaronson

Pro

10

Answered . I am little confused over the question. Are you saying that you got an additional OWI on top of the impaired driving charge you already received? If so, much depends on whether or not your OWI was found out when you gave your interview to probation. If it was, then it is likely that the judge will know and take that into consideration for your sentencing. If not addressed in sentencing, it could be addressed later on. Much also depends on whether or not you had a Cobbs agreement in place. What is clear is that you should contact an attorney ASAP.

Attorney Scott Aaronson
    877-I-CAN-WIN
    Free Consultations

2. Zacharia Spencer Bonham

6

Answered . A more definite statement of the facts is needed before I can give you a detailed answer. If you have an attorney, inform them, if you do not have an attorney, get one. I wish you the best of luck.

3. David B. Carter Jr.

Pro

6

Answered . You need real good damage control here. I do not know what your record is. I am sure you were ordered not to consume as a condition of bond? You will now have a violation of bond issue. They most likely will know about it. The best thing is not to hide it as they will find out sooner or later.

David Carter
    517-256-3886
    carterdivot@aol.com

4. Jonathan Andrew Paul

4

Answered . Sounds like you have a lot of catching up to do on the process. I am going to link to a helpful article on the crime it sounds like you might be pleading to in the near future. As a first time offender, I doubt Judge Joe Burke is going to send you to jail. Let me know if you have any questions.

5. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

2

Answered . It sounds like you are being sentenced to impaired and you picked up second OWI. If that is the case, you must have bonded out on the second offense. So you will not get arrested. But you might have violated bond conditions on the first offense. However, since you are presumed innocent I doubt you will be arrested on the knew charge. You need to get a good criminal lawyer. Good Luck.