If you are receiving Social Security disability payments and win the lottery or prizes from contests does if affect you SSD

Conway, AR |

so, if you receive social security disability and win the lottery or other cash prizes from contests this will not affect you social security disability payments?

I know I need to report it, but will it affect payment amounts if on Social Security Disability

You say you receive "social security disability" - as long as none of the money you receive is for Supplemental Security Income, you do not need to report it to Social Security. However, the Internal Revenue Service will be very glad to hear from you!

The first link below takes you to SSA's website of what you have to report when you receive disability. The second link is for SSI and what you must report.

2. You do need to report any additional income.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.