If you are married but seperated , get drunk and marry again , is the 2nd marrage legal ? and how much trouble are you in ?

Little Rock, AR |
Filed under: Marriage and prenups

left husband #1 and filed for divorce .. met husband #2 (Drunk ) got married before 1st divorce was final ... Husband #2 left 2 mo. later with new woman he got Preg. Not seen or heard from him since . So am I legally married to him or not . or am I in real trouble for being stupid ? Please Help . 10 years is a long time to pay for being stupid and drinking (LOL)

If the second wedding was after the Judge announced that the divorce was being granted, but before the decree was entered of record, then the second marriage is valid.

If the second marriage was before the Court announced that it was going to grant the divorce, or if the divorce never went through, then your second marriage is void.

Marriage and prenups topics