If you are married and been married for 5 years but is not sure you came here legally how can you still get your green card

Philadelphia, PA |

Me and my sister been here in the U.S since i was 5 years old my sister was 6. and know im 21 and i still dont have my green card. my sister is married to a U.S citizen for 5 years and they have 3 children but it is still hard for her to get hers. i went to check on my status and they said its still pending i use to live with my aunt and she petition for me but they said that a aunt cant do it it has to be a mom, dad, brother, or sister and when i moved they still had my aunt address even though i gave them my current address. they said they dont know what had happen to the I45 and that i need to find out what had happen. i want to go to college and i know my sister do to but it's seem like it's taking so long to get done. What should i do? would i be able to start school this year ?

It sounds like your case went terribly wrong and I'm not sure from your description what exactly went wrong. However it should not take this long to get an I-485 approved. If you were using a lawyer, you need to contact him or her to give you additional information about your case, what was done and what is the next step. If you are not satisfied with tht responses, you should contact another attorney for a second opinion.
If you filed on your own, now is probably the time to get a good lawyer to fix the mess. You'll probably need to obtain copies of all the documents that were filed in your case and show them everything.

Recommended articles about Immigration