If you are fired from a job how long do they have to give you your paycheck

Boston, MA |

if you are fired from a job how long do they have to give you your paycheck

1. According to the Massachusetts Wage Act, G.L. ch. 149, sec. 148, your paycheck is generally owed the day of discharge. I would suggest you consult counsel and file a complaint with the Attorney General's office.

2. Under the Wage Act, the empployer must pay on the day of discharge. Required payment includes any money owed for earned paid vacation. I would demand payment and, if that does not work, contact counsel. In order to proceed under the Wage Act, you must first file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office. Counsel can do this for you.

3. I agree with the previous posts that Massachusetts law requires that you be given your final paycheck on the date you are discharged. However, if you are paid in full a couple of days later, from a practical point of view your damages will be very limited.