If you are driving a car with no insurance and get in an accident, but you have an insurance policy can you use it?

Asked over 4 years ago - Hurst, TX

While driving my fiance's car I was turning around in a parking lot and bumped another car. His car didnt have insurance at the time, but my car in insured. Can I use it? I havent heard anything from this woman in a year and now all the sudden I have a collection agency demanding almost $2000. Shouldnt I have been notified?

1. Jason Eric Kipness

Answered . Yes. Report the accident to your auto insurance ASAP.

For free information on Texas car accident claims, visit http://www.kiplawfirm.com

Good Luck!

Jason

2. Sambar Kumar Mukerji

Answered . If you had insurance at the time of the accident, your insurance should pay for whatever damages occurred to the other vehicle (liability) and to your vehicle (comprehensive/full coverage). If she made a claim for injuries, your insurance company will be able to help with that as well. I would contact your insurance company immediately and talk to them about the situation.

-- Sam Mukerji
    www.mstriallaw.com
    info@mstriallaw.com