If you are driving a car with no insurance and get in an accident, but you have an insurance policy can you use it?

Hurst, TX |

While driving my fiance's car I was turning around in a parking lot and bumped another car. His car didnt have insurance at the time, but my car in insured. Can I use it? I havent heard anything from this woman in a year and now all the sudden I have a collection agency demanding almost $2000. Shouldnt I have been notified?

Yes. Report the accident to your auto insurance ASAP.

For free information on Texas car accident claims, visit

Good Luck!

If you had insurance at the time of the accident, your insurance should pay for whatever damages occurred to the other vehicle (liability) and to your vehicle (comprehensive/full coverage). If she made a claim for injuries, your insurance company will be able to help with that as well. I would contact your insurance company immediately and talk to them about the situation.

-- Sam Mukerji

Recommended articles about Personal injury