If you are drinking And driving and someone pills out if front of you illegally and cause you to swerve and lose control.

Asked over 1 year ago - Anchorage, AK

the crash resulted in a death why was the driver of the vehicle who was drinking charged with the death even though there is experts that showed they where in control till the other driver tried to illegally cross the road and cutting them off.

Pro

4

Answered . If you were charged with drinking and driving, retain a local criminal lawyer to defend. Report the accident to your insurance company to resolve.

2. Sean Michael Patrick

3

Answered . It is likley that the DUI/DWI statute is a strict liablity offense. That means it doesn't matter what the underlying facts are, if you violated the statute you are held liable. I would have this person consult with criminal defense attorney immediately. There may be some defenses that would mitigate the charges/ sentence. Best of luck.

3. Harry Edward Hudson Jr

3

Answered . The best person to answer this question is the accused's attorney.