If you are charged with 3 counts of trespassing and 7 counts of larceny, what is the punishment.

Asked over 1 year ago - Kannapolis, NC

My boyfriend was scrapping and went to an a old house and knocked on the door but no one answered then went to the shed to see if anyone was back there because the doors were open, when he did a woman came out and said she was calling 911 and he got scared and left but she got his plate number. the cops found a few old tools from another place. But since he was arrested he broke probation because he just had one day left.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Ernest Clarke Dummit

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . He should get an attorney and plead not guilty based upon those facts.

  2. Matthew Vernon Silva


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . The answer depends entirely on his prior criminal record. Trespassing is a class 3 misdemeanor (at least in the way you described the situation) and the larceny is most likely a class 1 misdemeanor (as long as the collective value of the tools does not exceed $1k and all belong to the same victim). If they are all misdemeanor charges, the most he can get is two sentences of 120 days (two larceny counts run consecutively). Get a lawyer and talk to him about the situation. The information you gave seems to be in your boyfriends favor. For example, if you stole 7 tools from one person in one transaction, that would only be one larceny.

    The information provided by Attorney Matthew V. Silva is based upon the generic and ambiguous facts presented in... more
  3. Kimberly Ann Olsinski

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . I agree with the other responses that he needs to consult an attorney ASAP. Just because he was arrested does not mean he violated his probation, and under those facts he should plead not guilty in court. My office is in Concord if you would like to make an appointment, and we offer free consultations. Good luck.

Related Topics

Criminal tresspass

Criminal trespass is when you enter someone's property without authorization, either at a prohibited time or onto property you are not allowed to enter at all.

Mark David Brynteson

Understanding Slip & Fall Cases

The Law Is About People Mark D. Brynteson Attorney at Law 2969 Rolling Meadow Court Belvidere, Illinois 61008 (o) 815-569-4280 (f) 815-371-0146 web site: www.bryntesonlaw.com... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,557 answers this week

3,395 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,557 answers this week

3,395 attorneys answering