If you are arrested on a warrant in a different county than the warrant is issued, how long does that county have to pick you up

Orlando, FL |

A warrant was issued out of Seminole county for someone,but they were arrested on that warrant in a different county. I want to know how long does Seminole county have to transport him to their county.

Here in NJ there is no specific Court Rule that pertains to this situation and in general, the Counties make the arrangements within a week or two for the transport. Obviously, all of the custody credits accrue for the time the person is in custody awaiting the transport. If there is a specific Rule or provision that pertains to this situation in Florida, one of my colleagues from Florida will hopefully comment on your inquiry. Good luck.

This information is offered for informational purposes only, as I do not practice law in your State. It is not intended as legal advice and you should not rely upon it to decide how to resolve this issue. No Attorney-Client relationship is intended or established by this response. You are faced with a situation where you need to consult with an experienced defense lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before you make any decisions as to how to resolve this issue.

There is no specific statute or criminal rule that governs how quickly they have to transport you.

Assuming there are no holds on your person in Orange County, Seminole and Orange tend to transport inmates back and forth every seven days; but I have seen it take up to a month.