If you are arrested for shoplifting in the state of North Carolina what are the charges for 1st time offenders?

Jacksonville, NC |

It is first time. It was makeup total approx. $50.00 from Wal-Mart. Can this be expunged from your record? Bond was $1000 bail was $150.

You should hire an attorney to try and get you a deferred prosecution agreement. If you successfully complete a probationary period, then the charge will be dismissed and can be expunged.

The only thing I will add to my esteemed colleague's answer is that some DA's permit defendants with these charges to do community service in exchange for a dismissal. That would save you from having to go on probation if the DA would be amenable to that. Contact a local lawyer ASAP to discuss your case.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. This information is intended for educational purposes only. My answering this question and your reading this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I only form attorney-client relationships upon a face-to-face meeting with prospective clients.