If you are a US citizen and got married in Mexico to a Mexican citizen What is required to be done with Marriage License ?

Columbus, OH |

Need to know before I return to the United States What has do be done with these things to make them Legal documents to get spouse to America

1. Whatever marriage certificate they give you guys, you need to have it translated into English before you file the documents with the USCIS. Good luck!

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

2. You need to have the original or certified copy of the marriage certificate. Once you return to the United States, you should work with an immigration attorney to file the necessary documents and forms to begin the process to help your spouse to apply for permanent resident (green card) status in the United States.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. I would strongly suggest consulating an immigration lawyer to assist you with this process. You don't want your spouse to be the guinea pig of a non-lawyer attempting to practice immigration law, which is very complex. Find a lawyer whom you like and trust. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

4. please make sure the marriage is properly registered with the local government office. Bring one or more original/certified copies with you to the United States.

Contact us at:
    216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com