If you admit to a crime to the cops and refuse to sign.....

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

can the officer just go to the grand jury panel hearing and testify that you admitted it and it be submitted into evidence to get a "true bill"?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Arkady Bukh


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Certainly, you admitted the crime to witnesses and they can testify as to what you told them. You should obtain an attorney and make no more statements to the police without your attorney present.

  2. Larry Thomas McMillan

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes sir they can.

  3. Richard Caro Roxin

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . An officer can and most likely will testify that you admitted to committing the crime.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,132 answers this week

2,973 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,132 answers this week

2,973 attorneys answering