If u was indicted for assult in the 2nd,u didn't take plea deal,and now they trying to indict in the first,

Asked over 1 year ago - Kingston, NY

I have 2 priors for drug possions,no violent back ground,

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You didn't ask a question.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was... more
  2. Hayley R. Greenberg

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation.

    You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful.

    I wish you the best of luck.

    Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply but can be reached by telephone.

    Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.

    Hayley Greenberg

    Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
    91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975

    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111

    Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

  3. Arkady Bukh


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I think that you are asking why they are indicting you in the first degree. You need to speak with your attorney or get a criminal defense attorney right away so that they can look into this and help you out.

    If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best... more
  4. John J. Carney


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . You should retain a good criminal lawyer. I have 30 years experience and handle cases statewide. Check out my website and Avvo rating and reviews. You can be indicted on higher charges if the DA can prove them.
    John J. Carney Esq. 917 696 2363

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,421 answers this week

3,157 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,421 answers this week

3,157 attorneys answering