If u was indicted for assult in the 2nd,u didn't take plea deal,and now they trying to indict in the first,

Kingston, NY |

I have 2 priors for drug possions,no violent back ground,

1. You didn't ask a question.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply but can be reached by telephone.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.

Hayley Greenberg

Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
    91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975

521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111

Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

3. I think that you are asking why they are indicting you in the first degree. You need to speak with your attorney or get a criminal defense attorney right away so that they can look into this and help you out.

If this answer was helpful please click that block. Answers in the forum are only general and it is always best to contact a criminal defense lawyer to discuss your case. We handle NY, NJ and all Federal Court cases. Bukh Law Firm P.C., 14 Wall Street, New York NY 10005, (212) 729-1632. www.nyccriminallawyer.com

4. You should retain a good criminal lawyer. I have 30 years experience and handle cases statewide. Check out my website and Avvo rating and reviews. You can be indicted on higher charges if the DA can prove them.
    John J. Carney Esq. 917 696 2363