If u get a misdemeanor charge while on misdemeanor probation. What could happen?

Lake Charles, LA |

Hi Ive been on probation almost 2 years for 2 Dwight's and last month I got arrested for that synthetic pot . So I went to see my p . o . yesterday and said I will see u in court . So anybody out there have some advice for meeter ? ? ? ! !

1. Again, I would immediately hire a criminal defense lawyer in your area. Probation can be revoked for many different reasons but getting rearrested while on probation can certainly justify your probation officer trying to have you revoked. Your probation officer probably intendeds to file for a revocation hearing and make his or her case for your revocation and to put you in jail and make you back up the time you have from your last charge. You do NOT need to be convicted to be revoked from probation. Certain behaviors like getting arrested, not paying fines or just generally being non compliant with probation rules could get you revoked. Get a good lawyer to reach out to your PO as well as be with you in court and don't get into any further trouble.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

DUI topics