If U are under "care,control&custody"of Court in a ORDERED" program,&U received injuries during that time do I have suit?

El Monte, CA |

, I appeared in Sup.Court,& Judge ordered me to a 1yr.mandatory live in drug program I was transferred from custody straight to program.While I was there,. the rules stated"mandatory
volunteer work at designated places.While at the assigned place, I was a victim of a forklift accident.
No one is offering to help me with doctor& hospital expenses , leg appears to be infected,& swollen,& it hurts big time.Since I went from in custody to COURT ORDERED program&
got under their AUTHORITY, aren't they responsible for my safety?

It depends. More information would be needed such as how the forklift accident occurred - who was at fault. They court is not necessarily responsible for your safety; however, if the person operating the forklift was negligent, you MAY have a claim. The only way to know is to contact an experienced CA personal injury attorney for a free consultation to discuss the viability of any potential claim that may exist.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

thankyou for responding to my question.The person operating the forklift was also under the Court's authority as I am.And "NO" he did not have a forklift operator's card,or real experience.He hit the gas instead of the brakes when he was approaching meAdmitted after the fact, that he did not know what he was doing.QUESTION>aren't I'm consider "property of the court?

Heather A Lottmann

Heather A Lottmann

Again, contact an experienced California personal injury attorney via phone for the answer to your question as the information on this site is intended to be general information only.