If U are under "care,control&custody"of Court in a ORDERED" program,&U received injuries during that time do I have suit?

El Monte, CA |

, I appeared in Sup.Court,& Judge ordered me to a 1yr.mandatory live in drug program I was transferred from custody straight to program.While I was there,. the rules stated"mandatory
volunteer work at designated places.While at the assigned place, I was a victim of a forklift accident.
No one is offering to help me with doctor& hospital expenses , leg appears to be infected,& swollen,& it hurts big time.Since I went from in custody to COURT ORDERED program&
got under their AUTHORITY, aren't they responsible for my safety?

1. It depends. More information would be needed such as how the forklift accident occurred - who was at fault. They court is not necessarily responsible for your safety; however, if the person operating the forklift was negligent, you MAY have a claim. The only way to know is to contact an experienced CA personal injury attorney for a free consultation to discuss the viability of any potential claim that may exist.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.