If U are under "care,control&custody"of Court in a ORDERED" program,&U received injuries during that time do I have suit?

Asked 3 months ago - El Monte, CA

, I appeared in Sup.Court,& Judge ordered me to a 1yr.mandatory live in drug program I was transferred from custody straight to program.While I was there,. the rules stated"mandatory
volunteer work at designated places.While at the assigned place, I was a victim of a forklift accident.
No one is offering to help me with doctor& hospital expenses , leg appears to be infected,& swollen,& it hurts big time.Since I went from in custody to COURT ORDERED program&
got under their AUTHORITY, aren't they responsible for my safety?

1. Heather A Lottmann

Answered . It depends. More information would be needed such as how the forklift accident occurred - who was at fault. They court is not necessarily responsible for your safety; however, if the person operating the forklift was negligent, you MAY have a claim. The only way to know is to contact an experienced CA personal injury attorney for a free consultation to discuss the viability of any potential claim that may exist.