If two people own a trailer can one person sell their half to someone else ,not the other owner

Harrison, MI |

two of us bought a trailer together and one moved out on th8 of august then want to sell her half to a person other than one on tile or lease

More than likely it is jointly titled, meaning there is no "half" to sell. It is an undivided interest, meaning you both have the same rights to the property as a whole. Not a great deal for a buyer.

This response is based on the limited facts presented and is not intended to substitute for direct legal advice, nor is it intended to establish an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to direct you to issues which you may desire to explore further.

yes we both are no tile ,and yes this was very help ty

Lisa Kaye Deselms Dent

Lisa Kaye Deselms Dent

I should add that mobile homes, if that is the type of trailer we are talking about - you mentioned someone moving- are treated in some cases as personal property and in others as real property. This will depend on your state laws. If your coowner sells his "half" it could sever the joint tenancy and create a tenants in common situation. However, this is also not a great bargain. Half ownership in an item which depreciates in value quickly and which is occupied by a stranger is not a real bargain at any price.-

James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick

They are treated as motor vehicles in Michigan. There is a certificate of title through the Secretary of State.

More facts are needed. We would have to examine the lease and title. Best of luck - Reese Serra

This advise is only being offered as a courtesy. We do not have an attorney-client relationship and I do not represent you. Additional, the advice I have provided was based on the limited fact pattern provided by you. If the facts differ, my advice may not be correct. If you live in Michigan and would like legal assistance with your issue, feel free to contact me: 586-615-0756

Recommended articles about Real estate