If two parties consent to mediation, can a judge refuse in a civil action?

West Palm Beach, FL |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

My attorney and O/C wish to mediate to settle on a foreclosure case. Judge tried to tell us no, and rule 1.710 in Florida, stopped her for the moment. Is there something to make sure the judge complies? Something that says the case cannot proceed to trial until this is done?

Judges have been using mediation to resolve cases for decades. You should speak with your own attorney about this.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

Most judges encourage mediation. Unfortunately, much more information about your individual situation will be required in order to provide a helpful answer. I would strongly advise you to speak with your domestic lawyer. If you do not get answers many attorneys offer free consultations.

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Hedrick Law Firm is a workers’ compensation firm located in Wilmington, NC, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 910-343-1432. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes