If two parties consent to mediation, can a judge refuse in a civil action?

Asked 11 months ago - West Palm Beach, FL

My attorney and O/C wish to mediate to settle on a foreclosure case. Judge tried to tell us no, and rule 1.710 in Florida, stopped her for the moment. Is there something to make sure the judge complies? Something that says the case cannot proceed to trial until this is done?

1. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . Judges have been using mediation to resolve cases for decades. You should speak with your own attorney about this.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  2. Philip Scott Hedrick

Answered . Most judges encourage mediation. Unfortunately, much more information about your individual situation will be required in order to provide a helpful answer. I would strongly advise you to speak with your domestic lawyer. If you do not get answers many attorneys offer free consultations.